Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Beauty Box 5 August Review - Radiant and Remarkable

I'm excited to say that I'm an official Beauty Box 5 Blogger.
This means I'll be reviewing a box each month. 
I don't like to pack my posts full of product reviews, like how last week I had 2.. but I really do enjoy the Beauty Box 5 each month. It's like a present each month. You don't really know what will be in it so opening it is like opening a gift. It's really fun. 

The cost for Beauty Box: $12/month or $10/month for 3 month if paid up front. You can even get a full year at 8.25/month if you pay up front. Use the code HALFCOFF to get %50 off your first box. 

They send a variety of products and brand from drugstore, to luxury, eco-conscious and even vegan brands. Each box gets mailed out at the 8th of the month. 


This month's theme is Radiant and Remarkable. The days of summer are coming to an end, but that summer glow everyone loves doesn't have to end. 


Purlisse Pur- Protect SPF 30 
Retail: $55.00 for full size

Another great moisturizer. I love when face moisturizers have spf in them. My mom taught me well to always wear sunscreen, especially on my face, so it's pretty important to me. I've never been a fan of tanned skin, so something that moisturizes and protects my skin is always in my house. 

Novex Brazillian Keratin
Retail: $19.50 for full size 

I always need hair food. With how much I bleach my hair, and add color, then bleach the roots.. I'm always happy to put some vitamins and nourishment into my hair. I'm almost contemplating letting my roots grow out and having my natural brown hair again for a while! I haven't used this yet, because it needs to sit in my hair for 25 minutes. So, if it works wonders, I may continue to bleach my hair and use this stuff to put the keratin back into it! 
La Fresh Travel Lite - Facial Cleansing Wipes
Retail: 19.99 full size

I have a confession.. sometimes I don't always wash the eyeliner and mascara off my face. I wash my face every night, but I don't like the idea of rubbing my eyes with scratchy toilet paper. And I don't always like the idea of wasting wipe after wipe. So I usually just skip it. I know it's bad for me.. after trying these face wipes I noticed the wipes weren't scratchy like I thought they would be. But I didn't like throwing away a wipe that isn't totally dirty. So here is another confession.. I've been cutting them in half and using them until they are totally used up. I like having my eyes clean when I wake up. I like when I go to put on my make up the next day and I don't have to battle old make up. Plus it's probably better for my face in the long run. 

Style Essentials Nail Polish
Retail: $7 for set

I'm not a huge nail polish wearer. I would love to be one, but here is the thing. My fingers are always covered in paint and ink.. The pain sticks very well to the nail polish too. Also, when I erase the page and sweep away the residue sometimes the nail polish leaves streaks! Mostly because I'm not careful. So, I'm not a huge nail polish wearer. I tried this out to see what it was like. I put two coats on as it was pretty sheer. I actually like that green color. It's chipped off a bit because I use my hands so much. 

Nanacoco Lip Gloss 
Retail: $3.99

Guys, this stuff is bright. The color you see is the color you get. My pet's cheeks were stained a bit cause I forgot I had it on. It's super colorful and bright, leaves my lips shiny but not sticky. 



See? Bright stuff. Radiant indeed. 

If you want to buy any of the things I've reviewed check out the Beauty Box Shop.
Sign up for your subscription here.





View More:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo