Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Where To Hang Stockings If You Don't Have A Fire Place? Make One!

I posted my Christmas decorations on my blog yesterday.. I love all of them except for the stockings. They are not in fact hung by the chimney with care. They were thrown on a semi empty wall with hopes they would look okay. They didn't. But, my walls are covered in paintings, sticky notes, and book cases. Not a suitable place for a stocking at all.

When I lived in North Carolina I had a beautiful fire place with a mantle. I don't remember exactly but I don't think I was allowed to have a Christmas tree that year, or stockings, now that I think of it.. Maybe we had a small tree, I can't remember it. (There are reasons he is my ex..) So anyways, I had a fireplace, and we didn't hang the stockings with care... Oh how I regret that.

So, that was the last time I was able to hang a stocking by the fire place. Until now.

Every time I looked over at that corner I was a little unhappy. It kept growing, so I did something about it.

I decided I didn't want to spend a penny. I've already invested too much into decorations this year,
 so I looked at what I had.... Check the full post out over here and tell me what you think! 









It honestly has made my heart feel warmer. The pups are curious about it. And the house looks a little bit more cheery.
This DIY may seem awfully silly, but it's made a huge difference in this house, and sometimes all you need to beat the winter blues is a nice warm crackly tissue paper fire.

You don't want to miss this post.. I make some weird faces, just for you!





View More:
 

1 comment:

  1. I love it. It is totally awesome. Congratulations to making your own fire place :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo