Days like these are divine.
I've been talking to Sterling lately about anxiety with working from home.
How terrifying it is. How freeing it is.
It has been coming in waves.
But days like today, I woke up feeling refreshed and confident.
I decided to show you some photos of my days lately.
Snapped with my phone, and shared on Instagram.
1. Drawing little bows and strings onto plain brown paper packages in hopes to make it look a lil cuter. I love shipping my paintings in brown paper! I feel it's a little old fashioned and it looks so nice. I need to get myself some postal stamps, like "Handle With Care" OR make my own! Hmmm tutorial coming? Hopefully.
2. I have found the source of my sleepiness, my back aches, neck aches and probably my headaches. My bed. I've been sleeping on a futon for a while. It's been laid out with about a foot of mattress pads and blankets. Yesterday I woke up in so much pain. I slept terrible, was sleepy, but knew sleeping wouldn't make me feel better. I decided that day, it was time to find me a new bed. I gave myself 50 bucks to spend on either a full size or a queen bed. Sterling and I searched out mattress shops, furniture stores and even online stores. We were almost laughed at when we said our price range was 50 bucks. But I'm a determined girl, so I went home and looked at some used ads. I found one bed, queen sized, barely used for 50.00. So, we drove down and snagged it. I've never slept so good in my entire life. Wicket usually crawls around all night. Sleeping in my arms, the foot of the bed, above my pillow, you know.. He wanders. Last night, he slept in one spot for about 10 hours. We all slept in. Except the kitty. Who is too insane to sleep in bed with me and the dogs right now.
3. I was printing out some big orders the other day, and had all of my prints laying down on the floor waiting to be signed. I looked at them, some of them were painted over 4 years ago, some painted last week.. and it was interesting to see MY style in their faces. Even though they are so different from piece to piece. It felt cool. Almost like smelling one's self. Everyone has a different scent, and it's hard to know our "own." I think this is the same way with styles of art.
4. My pretty red and teal kitchen. I love having a clean house. When I went to get Kneesaa from the neighbors I noticed her environment was very very messy. I don't want to speak ill of them, but it was a pretty unhealthy place for anyone to live... I gave me inspiration to scrub my counters extra. I love having a clean home and organized things. I can't think of anything more inspiring.
5. My Day of The Dead prints. I love these girls. I can't wait for Cinderskella to come out! You can preorder it here! I can't wait to see what the book looks like filled with my illustrations. I can't wait to see what the cover looks like. Well, I already know, since I did it. But I can't wait to see what it looks like on the actual book. I'm pretty stoked about this..
6. Remember that mystery plant? The one taking over the lawn? No? Well, here is a back story. I weeded that flower bed. I put down weed killer, tarp and bark. Then a huge plant started growing. I was hoping it was a beanstalk that would take me to the land of the giants, but instead I have huge pumpkins growing on my porch. Magical pumpkins. Which I shall carve, and eat the seeds, and hopefully make a pumpkin pie entirely from scratch. That is my hope.
7. I'm a Tarot Reader! For reals though. I will soon be joining Lotus Tarot as one of their professional readers. This is a dream come true to me.. And I will expound more on this when I have a link to my professional profile on the site. We can do readings straight from that website. But I will still offer Webcam tarot readings through the blog via paypal. Once again, more details on that to come..
8. In case you were wondering how Anubis and Kneesaa are getting along.. wonderfully. These two are best friends. They run around and play together while Wicket pouts under the couch. Kneesaa and Wicket are slowly becoming friends. But, it might be tough.
9. I sold some prints of my painting "Celestial Happenings" from last week. The prints turned out so well! I saved up and invested in a very nice art printer, and I'm so glad I did. The print quality I get is excellent. There isn't a single print I've sent out that I'm not proud of.
10. I'm trying to figure out how to remove Kneesaa's tear stains! If you know how, let me know. I don't know what the poor girl was being fed before. I've got her on some nice grain free organic food now, and filtered water. I'm hoping that will help. If anyone knows more than me, please share!
11. This is me sitting Wicket and Kneesaa down and explaining what sharing is. How it's okay to share mom's, beds, toys, and even food. Wicket is having dominant issues, and Kneesaa is just a puppy. So, everything is hers. I think we will all adjust soon.
12. I listed the hand painted Galaxy Necklaces in the shop! A few of them have been sold or reserved. So grab them while you can, and grab them while the sale is still going on! The sale ends midnight Saturday morning. Enter SALE25 for 25% off everything in both shops! Click here for hats, and here for art.