Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bound

I'm having a bit of a frustrating day today. I'm frustrated with bills, and when my printer doesn't work, and why my bank account just won't stay full and as soon as I get some money in, bills come out of no where.. and then the printer jams, then runs out of ink as soon as it works. Then there is no gas in the car to get the ink, and by dinner time, I've forgotten to defrost the food to cook. And the house is a mess, and my mind is a mess and I'm wondering how much of this is actually worth it. Maybe I'd like to just crawl under the covers for a while and wish I could just disappear because this is just getting too hard. And I would love to nap for a long long time, but I'm just too busy even for that.  I'm working way too hard to be this stressed and poor.  I know that I'm not alone in this, but I am feeling like a one woman show and I'm so so tired.  
These thoughts are making my mind clouded and my heart very heavy.
And quite honestly, I'm feeling very bound..
tied up, limited, trapped. 

Bound
Acrylic on Canvas
8"x10"x.5" 
$125.00 

I guess I'm just feeling very low lately.
 Maybe it's all catching up to me, or it's that time of the month, or the moon..
 Or a combination of all of that. 

But, I do know, this is all natural
It's a natural part of growing.
 I know I'm not the only one who ever feels this way, 
and I know it certainly won't last. I know I'm way too stubborn to give up. 

But, the funny thing with the word bound, is that it has two meanings. 
Sure one meaning is to be limited and tied... 
But here is the definition I like best. 

bound  (bound)
intr.v. bound·edbound·ingbounds
1. To leap forward or upward; spring.
2. To progress by forward leaps or springs.
3. To bounce; rebound.
n.
1. A leap; a jump.
2. A rebound; a bounce.


So, I'm working on changing my perception.. from being binded and feeling 
I will break from the ties that bind me, and I will bound forth. 

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
Aristotle Onassis



4 comments:

  1. the right side looks a bit spinal column-ish. which you know i love. [;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least depressing times often -and definitely in this case- make for nice artistic things:)

    It's the same here at the moment, except for the fact that creative things are put on hold for a while. I heard the planets were alligned in an odd way. And I've got to say, every time I hear that about Mercury it proves to screw things up for me as well. Oh well, it'll pass. And then it'll be spring/summer:D

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just re-potted some of my plants, they were a little bound by their roots being too small for their posts. As I read your post I reflected on this and how this last week I've felt very bound as well, but I know there are ways I can expand and grow, and I think that's where the positive meanings of bound come into play. I as well hope to bound forward. Thanks you for the honesty and feeling in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know these days!!! and they suck!!! do yourself a favor and download or youtube this song real quick and just listen. i promise your spirit will be renewed and you will feel tons better!!!! 'only a mountain' by jason castro

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo