Friday, June 17, 2011

Sticks And Stones

On Tuesday Brad and I set out for an exciting ghost town adventure. We had the GPS coordinates, but couldn't seem to find the town. Instead we were lead to a giant mine. One of the largest open pit mines in the world I think. We decided to explore there.


I, of course ended up leaving with my pockets full of little treasures. 
I couldn't help but leave with such beauties. 

You see.. I am a collector.

I collect a lot of things.. 
mostly little rocks, pebbles, feathers, bottles, and crystals, fabric...
The list goes on.

As I was leaving I thought of some new designs involving my little collections.



I collect these things because I think they are beautiful
and somewhere in the back of my mind I think..
I will make something from this one day.

These next few weeks I will be working on a new line of jewelry.

I call it the Sticks And Stones Collection.

It includes:
raw crystals
feathers (cruelty free),
vintage lace and fabric,
vintage bottles,
vintage chains,
peacock copper, 
drift wood,
wood slices reclaimed from fallen trees,
and small geodes.

All things that I have been collecting for many many years.
I have finally decided to do something with them.

I will keep you updated... but here is a sneak peek!
I'm very excited about all the new pieces.
It has a very natural and beautiful look.
It is not just stringing a pendant onto a chain...
so far it's involved hammering, sawing, and sanding.
It's been dirty but lots of fun. (My hands are still stained!)


I will launch this new collection on June 30th. (hopefully)

Stay tuned for sneak peeks, drawings, and pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, this is exciting because it's exactly the kinds of things I've been looking for recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds really cool and certainly, the materials really suit your style and will go beautifully with your hats and other things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look so pretty!! I wish I can go to awesome places and collect rocks and maybe petals! I collect maruneko club plushies though but there's not enough room in the house :o

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo