Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's Okay To Match

I've been having a lot of fun with my pastels and colored pencils lately. They used to be all I used until I started college where the focus was on painting. In most of my classes the final assignment had to be done in paint.  I think I'm a lot happier with the results now that I'm back to what I am used to.  

It's good to be true to yourself.

I made this one special for the Halloween season. A dark pixie and her companion raven. 
She wears a black pixie hat to match her raven and her black hair.
I got a little jealous of her hat, so I made myself one! 

Prints and hats available here.

Oh, and check this out! I am included in a huge ten winner giveaway! 
Details here.

11 comments:

  1. i love the pastels. it makes them so soft!

    do you want to know what i pulled out the other day? my pencil set. where you wrote me an awesome note about dogs. and i think poo as well. maybe it was a poem? i laughed pretty hard. i will find it so i quote it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely love the pastels better. Stick with what you love! This is so funny because I've been working on a vampire aceo and this sort of reminds me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super talented! Love the hat as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great photography! love that hat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is by far my favorite favorite favorite of your stuff. it's all great, of course. just love this one mucho mucho. [:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaw, I love the matching hat you made! Your paintings always look like faerie and pixie versions of yourself, even though you look like a faerie-creature naturally. It's true, stay true to yourself and do what you love. It's important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh i am so in love with your hats. and this is a beautiful photo of you!
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! You're hats are adorable. I like the pairing of these two :D

    -tuckooandmoocow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo