Monday, August 30, 2010

The Elements

Each of the elements are associated with traits and meanings as well as directions on the compass.
 Fire is purifying, and associated with the south. Fire is connected to strong will and energy, it creates and destroys. Fire can heal or harm and can bring on new life or destroy old and worn.
Fire Signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.

Fire signs are prone to sudden illuminating flashes of insights and bursts of enthusiasm, like fire, they can flare up when inspired making them seem very passionate about life. They like to live large and often feel frustrated by mundane chores and duties. Fire signs are known to be intuitive and rely on gut instincts, going on faith and inner guidance.
 Earth is considered the ultimate feminine element. This element is associated with the north. The earth is fertile and stable. Earth is nurturing and stable, solid and full of strength. The astrology signs associated with Earth are Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo
Earth signs are known to blend with their natural habitat, and are sensual. They engage life using all senses. Earths are very productive and able to create tangible results.
 Water is a feminine energy, related to the west. Water is used for healing, cleansing and purification. This sign is associated with passion and emotion.
Water Signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
Water signs are attuned to waves of emotion and seem to have built in sonar for reading moods. They have special sensitivity in relationships and have the ability to absorb vibes from others.
Air is the element of the east, connected to the soul and the breath of life, wisdom and powers of the mind. Air carries away your troubles, blows away strife and carries positive thoughts to those who are far away.
Air Signs are Libra, Aquarius and Gemini.
Air signs use their minds to make sense of their lives, Air signs can appear to be detached, aloof, remote and cool. Air's are flexible and are often excellent communicators and storytellers.

Which Element are you? I myself am fire


Awww, it's good to be back. I opened the shop back up. (Yessssuh!) I listed these 4 new paintings/prints. I will be listing new hats and new paintings later tomorrow!

I will be moving into a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment this Wednesday. It's the same apartment complex that I lived in during the summer. This means that beautiful forest will still be there.. even though I won't be in the same unit. Things are going to be back to normal soon.. I can feel it!

8 comments:

  1. I am EARTH. Yay, tha makes me happy. So you're gong to still be in Arkansas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOVE this post and your paintings! Breathtaking.

    My Sun Sign, the sign I show the world, is Earth.
    My Moon Sign, the sign that rules my emotions, is Fire.
    My Rising Sign, the sign representing my deepest purpose, is Water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are all a bit of a mixture to some degree, don't you? Some a 'stronger' mixture than others. (No wonder my fiance has two Air signs.. I be suffocatin!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh sweet! I am water myself, but I'm kind of scared of water in real life >_> strange..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how exaggerated their eyes are. The water one kicks ass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Earth the best. I am air which is also beautiful.I love the green of the Earth girl. These are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If im water, my mood sonar has been broken... forever! :O ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm air. Woohoo. (: Anyway wonderful art. I love their eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo