Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lady Unicorn

I've been working on this one for ages it seems! This painting "Lady The Unicorn" is quite obviously based off of the Lady and The Unicorn tapestries . Middle Ages art has always been super inspiring to me. I remember being very young and seeing paintings on the museum walls, and it clicked... I wanted to do that! For a while I've been painting my own style and just recently I've decided to dabble in a more themed look. I chose a more Middle Ages theme. You can still see my style in the paintings, but I've taken some traditional aspects of the classic works. 
These new paintings seriously made me miss my Art History courses from college! 
Those were my favorite classes, even over the studio courses! 

I have the Original  listed here. It measures 10x15.5 inches on wood panel. 






View More:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo