Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday Threads - Favorite Things

I've been a bit under the weather these last few days. I spent nearly 12 hours in bed. Totally not like me. I'm honestly going to chalk my lack of energy to the Mars Retrograde. I'm an Aries, and Mars is my ruling planet.. meaning that I'm pretty inline with it. When Mars is retrograde, so am I. Mars actually goes retrograde for quite a while. A few moths actually. Not the quick trip like Mercury's retrograde. But, luckily the Mars retrograde happens every couple of years. Thinking back on it, I can actually remember a time a few years ago when I was this lethargic, lacking energy and even depressed. I know a retrograde period should be about relaxing, slowing down, and re-evaluating life, but I just can't do it! I enjoy constantly being on the go, I enjoy my nonstop energy. I can't wait for this retrograde to be over. I am counting down the days until May 19th. 

Anyways, today I was woken up by a knock on the door. The Google Fiber guys needed to get into my back yard where a hub was stationed for cable and internet. I answered the door in my pjs and bed head. I told him it was fine to get into my back yard, and I went back to bed. A few hours later another knock came to the door. Same guy, same question. I told him it was totally fine, do whatever he needed. Then I went back to bed. Around 12 pm, another knock came to the door. Same guy! I think at this point he was checking up on me seeing if this weird girl was still in her pjs. Indeed I was. I told him once more, move the gate, do what he needed. That's when I decided to get up, do my hair and put on real clothes. I'm not sure why it was so hard today.. Maybe it's this retrograde, or me being a bit sick.. But I'm glad I have the google fiber guy watching out for me. 

Our weather has been a roller coaster lately. Yesterday it was raining like crazy. The day before it was scorching hot. Today it can't seem to decide if it wants to be hot or cold as it alternates between the two. Better than it being so hot it's melting my blinds.  

Today's outfit is a quick one. Black and white, skulls and lace. A few of my favorite things. 
Today is Sterling's weekend. He only works 4 days a week, so this means it's my weekend too. We are planning on getting some Thai Food, and having a small movie marathon at home while I try to rest and get better. I am also planning on doing some painting and working on my Tarot Deck. A few more of my favorite things. Here's to a relaxing weekend full of everyone's favorite things. 



Lace Top - Thrifted
Leggings - Romwe
Shoes - Romwe

Oh! And my friends over at Romwe are having a Mother's Day Sale. I'm not certain my mother would like anything there, but I know a lot of you guys are stylish moms.. so go take advantage of this sale for your self! Or share with your husband. (hint hint) 




View More:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo