Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Beautiful Things

I've always been proud of my home. It's weird to say I guess... I am not a spectacular decorator. I do not have the cookie cutter house by any means. 95% of my decor comes from thrift stores and antique stores. I spend so much time in here, that I don't notice how the over all look is. But, the moments when I decide to clean it, and photograph it, I get to see the over all feel and look of my house, and it makes me very proud. I feel my home is unique. It's very dark, because of the thick purple curtains to keep the temperature stable, and the darkness adds to the charm. The best thing about a house, is when it feels like a home. The best way to make it feel like a home, is to be proud of the things you put in it. 
Surround yourself in the things that are you. 

Like I mentioned, just about everything in this house is thrifted. So, there is a story behind the items, an energy, and a special feel of them. We love knick knacks, and curious items and I've always had a love for creepy things. I think this is the first time in my life that I am proud of the home I live in. 





























Life is too short to not surround yourself with beautiful things.

View More:
 

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous.
    i'm at the same point..having this tiny flat in Hong Kong is tearing me between being fearful of owning things that I will have to give away or have difficulty moving, and saying exactly what you just said - life is too short not to surround yourself with beautiful things. life is meant to be lived and little things that make us happy help each day be more joyful.
    your house is beautiful. thanks for sharing :)

    - s

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo