Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Beyond Exhausted

I am beyond exhausted...

Two days ago, I woke up with the worst cold. 
My throat felt like it was missing. 
I don't even know how that makes sense.
But, it hurt. 
I was refusing to talk, I picked up my roommate's sign language books to try to communicate.
I was texting people right next to me. 
I wasn't having a good time.

I took the day off to sleep and snuggle with my pup.

Yesterday, I woke up with the worst migraine on top of the cold.
Some candies I had eaten were made with wheat flower.. 
I found this out a bit too late, and my gluten induced migraine came full force.

At this point, walking was out of the question. 
Lifting my head would bring in dizzy spells and even blindness. 
I couldn't decide if throwing up was a good idea or not. 
I closed the blinds and slept most of the day away. 

I finally felt better to get some fresh air.

My roommate and I slowly walked to a near by store. 
While at the store, I received a call from our landlord.

The news I received on the phone made my heart drop so fast I had to lean against a shelf.
My roommate mouthed, "What?!"
I mouthed back, 

"We have to move."


I tried to regain my balance and a clear head, 
but the migraine and the cold were making things difficult.

Apparently, my house was leased to the city for only 3 years as a "singles" unit. 
The owner didn't let the management company know this, and yesterday was the last day.
Giving us very little options.
And very short notice.

I tried to fight it, we signed a year lease, 
we should be legally able to live in our beloved house for a year.
But, the management company said there was nothing they could do.
Though we signed a year contract,
the city is able to override that.

Since then,
 I've changed my attitude and I'm starting a search for pet friendly housing.
We don't know how long until the city evicts us.

But, I have faith we will find something.

We may not see it now,
but the universe is moving us right where we need to go.

So, I'm going to search for a new home with hope and faith.
And continue to take care of myself in this stressful time.




When life gives you lemons, make lemon and honey tea for your throat!
 





19 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say, except that I'm so sorry. I remember how excited you were when you moved in. I hope you find something else even better very soon & feel much better too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so happy to move into our perfect home! But, things happen for a reason! I'm trying to find the reasons now.. but it may take a little while. :)

      Delete
  2. I have been evicted twice last year..and just because both my ex landlords did split up with their wives and wanted their house back. I don't know how the housing laws works there in the States but do I certainly have a clear idea of how hard it is to be ''kicked out'' despite being perfect tenants. But, hey, everything happens for one reason... keep your radar dusted..maybe something big will happen soon xx good luck. your italian friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't seem fair to you at all! I'm so sorry about that. Yeah, I looked into the laws here, and sadly there is nothing we can do! We'll find something better and even cheaper soon!

      Delete
  3. So sorry to here about this :( You're in my thoughts, I know something will turn up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda.. Things will start looking up soon!

      Delete
  4. On the bright side, your nails are adorable! Feel better and happy house hunting.

    --gabrielle :)

    http://gabriellebelesprit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! Except, I've picked off all the polish due to stress. Ha! I'll paint them again soon!

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry to hear. Add some ginger to your lemon and honey tea. Ginger is good for the immune system. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good idea! That will help my nausea too!

      Delete
  6. Ugh! When it rains it pours! Hope you feel better so you can find a new place to live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! The sun will shine again though... and it will shine brightly!

      Delete
  7. I have got to know. How do you balance life, work, your business, and school (if you are in school that is)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I don't balance well since the reason I am sick is most likely stress. ;) But, I'm not in school, I actually teach school! So, school and work are basically the same thing... but my business is my life, and my hobby and my passion... so I don't consider my business too much of a burden. And neither is teaching! I teach art, so it's also a passion.. so I guess the way I balance it all, is LOVE. I LOVE what I do.

      Delete
  8. oh rachael, i am so sorry! but if there's one thing i've noticed from your blog... it's that you're incredibly strong and you always come out ahead! take a deep breath... it'll all work out in the end!

    xx, kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! I'll be fine.. things are already looking up. We've been house hunting and have found some pretty good places. I'm learning to let go of my current home.. I just love it so much!

      Delete
  9. bless your heart!!! that sucks! hope u find a new place soon and that you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The sun will be shining again in no time. Life always balances out. :)

      Delete
  10. Oh gosh, that's no fun! :(
    Fingers crossed that you'll feel better soon, and that you'll find a new place to live... who knows, this may all be happening for a reason, it's a new opportunity so you can find somewhere even better to live! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo