Thursday, February 9, 2012

Welcome To My Home!

I finally have photos of my new home. 
I've never done a "house tour" before.. so this is a first..

The entire house was smudged and blessed the way I was taught
  from friend I made while living in California.
He is a Native American Healer, and he felt I needed know how to bless and clarify houses.
(This was when I worked as a medium for a paranormal investigating team.. Very fun.)
Having strong Native American roots myself, I was very honored to learn this.
The house now has a very peaceful and calm feeling.  
Plus the smell of sage is wonderful.


Here is our living room.
We have lots of bookcases, and a small TV. 
That's how I like it, except sadly there is a lot of room on our bookcases at the moment.
The living room is full of my favorite little things.
Masks from Italy and Hawaii.
A calligraphy set and fan from China.
I'm quite the collector, and I love that I can finally have space for my displays.
Next we shall go into the kitchen.
We have a small bet going..
Who will be the first to break something from my little china cabinet?
The cat? Andrew? Or Kyle?
We will see after tomorrow's house warming party.
My bet is on the cat.

The kitchen is decorated with my vintage and antique goblets and tea sets,
ranging from the 20's to the 60's.
The walls are yellow, and the decor is red with hints of green.
I love the kitchen.
Next lets go down the hall to my bedroom..
Where the walls are made of stucco,
and it's near impossible to get a nail through.
Where my headboard is some curtains and a huge window.
Where my dresser is a giant mess.
And where Mowgli's ashes sit next to my bed..
Next to his coon that Wicket and I snuggle with on lonely nights.
And next we take a little walk into the shop.
Where I can hang my door beads,
and put up all sorts of decorations, where no cat is allowed to go.
Where stacks of blank canvases wait for me to fill them up,
and stacks of already filled up canvas's wait to be shipped
to their new home in Georgia this week.

Where everything has a place..
except me, since I'm still waiting on furniture.

It's a place where I can put out my favorite oddities,
like bird bones, sea shells, found feathers, and tarot cards.
A place for my inspirations and collections.

And of course a little bed for Wicket for when we hang out together.
And then as you leave my little house,
I hope you notice these.
Chakra Flags from a trade I did years ago with Lauren from VisionWise.
They've traveled with me all over the country, and now they blow in the wind on my front porch.

57 comments:

  1. Your house looks lovely. i'm so happy you were able to move

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so thankful I got to move too! It was getting bad at the other place!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you got set up fast! Everything looks great. Your kitchen and dining area is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! When I move, I have to be set up asap.. or else!

      Delete
  3. Your new home is divine. It really is breathtaking! You guys did such a great job with the decor. My bet is on the cat being the first to break something in the kitchen :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is so beautiful! I love all of these pictures. Beautiful wall colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We really lucked out with the beautiful walls. :)

      Delete
  5. WOW! you guys got things set up REALLY quickly! that's amazing.

    i really love all of your red kitchen appliances and your bed spread! so pretty. you guys did a great job! it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And like I said in a previous comment, a house that's not put together drives me crazy! I was up late on many nights putting it together! :)

      Delete
  6. seriously, how quick are you at getting everything set up?! You're like the flash! It all looks AMAZING too.
    love the red in your kitchen, and The Studio? So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tori! I hate not having my house put together! I used to move every three months, so I got GOOD at putting it together. :)

      Delete
  7. Love it! I love all the artifacts all over the living room and don't get me started on the red in the kitchen. Great job and glad to see you got your awesome studio room you wanted!

    xo Amber P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber!! I'm so excited about the studio! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Don't you tell me that you collect found feathers!!!Just loke me lol I'm not the only weirdy girl to do those weirdy things Haha :D Love your home, really a home not only a house <3 :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO collect found feathers! I put all the greyish blue ones together, those are my Mowgli feathers. I believe when you find feathers in random places, it means an angel has visited you. I get SO excited when I find them, even in stores!

      Delete
  9. I loved this post! It's nice to be able to picture exactly where you live! :) I adore all the red appliances in your kitchen, it's so matching! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna! I love the red appliances too. Red is one of my favorite colors.

      Delete
  10. So cute! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing these pics with us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the flags, love your home... I LOVE using Sage. I'm not Native American, but I vibe with their traditions in many ways.. I'd love to learn more about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sage is one of my favorite smells. It gave brad a headache, but he's kind of a baby.. ;)

      Delete
  12. Your home is lovely. I love the drink machine, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I gave that to brad for Christmas this year! He LOVES coke!!

      Delete
  13. Are you going to paint your rooms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. The walls look like they were freshly painting, if there are any places that need it, I might just cover it up with artwork!

      Delete
  14. Oh I am so jealous of all that space you have, especially The Studio! I'm happy you found such a nice place to make a home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I'm loving my studio too! I'm going furniture hunting tomorrow!

      Delete
  15. There will come a time when I will have a rom just for my art. Until then, I will admire yours. I love what you've done with your place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sure to post pictures often, especially since I'll be there lots!

      Delete
  16. Very nice and cozy house. You have oddities like I do. I have feathers and rocks all over the house. Smart move to smudge your house, get out all the negative from the past occupants. Enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I normally smudge a new house every time I move. It always leaves it so nice and peaceful. :)

      Delete
  17. I cannot believe how unbelievably fast you set up everything! It looks awesome.

    On a side note my girl spawn wanted a haircut, she had a lopsided bob, needed something short..
    She said and I quote 'i want my hair cut like the tree talker lady!' Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love that she wanted her haircut like mine! How fun!!

      Delete
  18. Rachael, your house looks so cozy and adorable! I'm so happy for you! You deserved a change in your luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Allison! I hope this luck lasts a bit longer!

      Delete
  19. Everything looks beautiful... Thanks for the link to my shop. I am glad you love your flags... I am so happy for all of the positive changes you have made and continue to make in your life. You inspire many! xxLL

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it & how you've mixed a bit of this + that from everywhere. It's so exciting to share a bit of your personality with your home. We're still working on that since our move came at a crazy time (right smack in the middle of planning our wedding).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Moving in the middle of planning a wedding would be chaos! I don't know if I would get unpacked quickly either!

      Delete
  22. Those Chakra flags were how I was positive we had the right house the other day!
    I absolutely love it! I love going over to your place because there's something interesting to see no matter where I look. You've really infused your soul into that house, and it's beautiful. This also inspires me to clean my own studio so it will look as cute as yours.
    Also, I'm very glad I picked the red crockpot for Destiny. It's matches the rest of the kitchen perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad you got her the red one too! I LOVE red appliances! And you are welcome over any time!!

      Delete
  23. oh my gosh, how in the world did u do that so quick>?!?!?!?! it looks really really good, im proud you showed us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it with very little sleep! My feet hurt so bad I had blisters on them! But, I was determined. :)

      Delete
  24. Thank you for sharing the space you call home. You have filled it with so many lovely things. Everything i saw was a momento, a collection, a part of your life. I see you took special care in it. You did a great job! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love seeing your new place - looks so great and spacious! looove seeing where all the creative magic happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing your home! It's so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What was it like working for a paranormal investigating team?!! THAT IS SO AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So very happy to see you settled into your home, sweet home! Thank you for sharing the photos. Happy painting in your new little yellow studio!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo