Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Two Of A Kind

It's been a very long time since I've added anything new to my knitwear shop. I've been trying to make sales a bit slower, while still keeping them, and I feel like I've done a pretty good job.
I love knitting and crocheting, but I don't want it to take over my life.
I was getting so many orders, and so many mean customers, I almost decided to close up shop for good! I was so stressed out, I didn't even like knitting! But instead of just quitting, I put together some tactics to slow sales, and make it fun again. 
Since my sales have slowed down, I've been able to focus more on my art shop, and knit more for fun, rather than for "work."
I've been doing a few knitting projects with beautiful high quality wool.
I've knit up 3 beautiful circle scarves, and I decided I couldn't "not" share with others..
So, I decided to make one more of each scarf. One for me, and one for someone else in the world who wants to be two of a kind with me.
This scarf is made with a silk blend wool roving, in brown mustard and yellow.
It's very soft, and warm. 
The roving has different thinness and thickness, so it has a lot of variety in it. 
The stitch used makes it curl ever so slightly on the ends. 
It's "two of a kind" and no one else in the world will have it, but us!
This scarf is made from Icelandic Wool. It's brown, grey and black. It's very thick and warm.
This scarf is a bit scratchy due to the wool, but not scratchy enough to cause any discomfort when worn around the neck.
This scarf will never be remade!
Oh my, this scarf is a dream.
It's my favorite color of yellow, and it's so soft. 
The yarn is made from a wool silk blend, so it's very warm, but also soft.
It's knit with a lace stitch so it's very beautiful and elegant looking.
Depending on how well this one does, I may be able to make 2 more of these. 

7 comments:

  1. The first one is my favorite. Very lovely yarn. It is good to take a break from it for a bit and come back to it later. It gives you a new sense and appreciation for the craft. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ALma! I love that first one too. It's so sily. :) And you are totally right, taking a break from things is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the casualness of the loose designs you chose. Is that what you would call the stitch? I'm no knitter. Anyway, keep up the good work on not letting your passions burn you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ajax! That would be the stitch, but it also has a lot to do with the needle type. The larger the needle, the looser the stitch will be, unless you do the lace stitch, which is a serious of dropping stitches, then knitting them back together. That creates a very loose looking style with small needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh that makes me sad that you have mean customers. So not cool because what you make is beautiful!!! I love the new scarves!!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's okay! Mean people are every where.. I just kind of let it get to me a bit too much this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that they are two of a kind..it's like an instant connection between you and the buyer! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo