Monday, January 9, 2012

Fillers

This is a filler post.. 
Mostly shots from last week.. 
because I'm constantly taking pictures,
and not all of the pictures are worthy for their own post.
So this is a filler post.. full of random moments from my week.

I started it off by taking the dogs on their walks. 
That's one of my new years resolutions..
It's hard to keep that one when it's so cold.
It took Wicket a little while before he decided he wanted to walk.
But he was pretty good after crossing the street.
I received a beautiful package from my dear friend Erica.
Though, her shop is on vacation... you can still see the stuff on facebook.
Getting this adorable package cheered me up quite a bit.
And so did this.
Wicket hopped into my purse that was sitting on the couch. 
The purse was full of all sorts of things, sketchbooks, planners, pens, 
and now a puppy.
And yesterday I got back into watercolors, pastels, and colored pencils.
It's been over a year since I did art like this.
And now I will explain why some of these "cheered me". 
I've been having terrible anxiety for the last few weeks. 
Anxiety turns into depression, and depression turns into anxiety. 
It's been a mean little cycle all my life, and I'm normally good at fighting it off.

This time it's been very hard.

6 comments:

  1. I love the colors in the last picture. Her dress reminds me of when sea meets sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meandering Mind! I was actually planning on calling that one "Turn To Water" and the other one "Turn to Trees" since they seem to be turning into these things.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the girl with the hair transforming into branches. It's been a long time since I did any type of art work. I really want to get back to it, though. I used to do a lot of fantasy type portraits with animal features. I need to get back to it. Here's a link to what I used to do if you're interested in it: http://locker-elf.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/#/d34d83b

    Oh, and I start grad school tomorrow! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blowing hair. Praying for you dear. Write and paint. And doing anything to get the focus off yourself helps me loads - help at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter or something - provides much inspiration...

    <3
    - s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachael, I wonder if you kind of have winter blues too; you probably don't get much sunlight in that dark little apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are great. I love the desolation of the abandoned water park and the pure joy of your photos of you and the dogs. I have struggled with anxiety and depression also. I think unfortunately creativity comes with extra sensitivity to things. But you are incredibly talented and you know things will look better with time.
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo