Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What Time Is It?

Yesterday was a very happy Halloween.
I dressed the doggies up as insects.
I had plans to make their costumes, 
but with making Brad's costume, my costume and tons of Halloween orders, 
I just didn't have time.

Plus, when I saw these insect costumes, 
I knew they would work perfectly with my filthy creatures.
What is that pinkish huh in every picture?
Just me..
You see.. after I cried and moped most of the day,
I finally got up, and put a smile on my face.
As well as make up.
I put on blush, pink lip stick, pink eyeshadow and lots of pink sparkles.
I put on a pink dress, a pink wig, and a big gold crown.
Can you guess who I was?!
Maybe this will help.
Brad and I went as:
Princess Bubblegum, and Finn The Human
From Adventure Time!
If you don't know this show, you really should look it up.
 I made my crown, my dress. 
Brad's hat, and his backpack.
After pictures we packed the little bugs in the car and went to my parents house for some pizza..
and more ADVENTURE.
 I've got a pretty cool family.
My little brother Joe dressed up as Jake the stretchy dog.
My older sister Kate dressed up as the vampire/bass playing Marceline.
Eric went as the Princess napping Ice King.

 Charlie loved to be involved.
We then headed to the local Walmart for some snacks and games.
And my eternal search for a plush Simba Backpack.
Anyone have any ideas?! I've searched just about everywhere!
After the store we headed for Brad's Mom's house, 
where I royally beat everyone in scrabble. 

I answered the door for the Tick-or-Treaters.
Little boys told me I was pretty.
I decided I want to have a little human child one day to dress up and take Trick-Or-Treating. 
(And call me pretty.)
I also decided I want a girl doggie next.
To dress up in ruffly dresses, pearly collars and treat like my very own princess.

So our Halloween wasn't the most eventful.
We didn't go to parties and dance. 
But we sure had an adventurous time.

21 comments:

  1. looks like you guys had a great halloween! your pups look cute as always. and i too want a girl doggie! that's next on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Alycia!! I think a girl doggie would be sooo fun! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=simba+backpack&_sacat=0&_odkw=plush+simba+backpack&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed hearing about your Halloween! Loved the costumes! Very creative (: Little humans are very nice to have (when you're ready) and they always think you're pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ariel!! I LOVE that one.. but I need one under 20.00... plus I'm sooo bad at ebay, BUT I might just try this! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! your talent blows me away! so impressed with your costumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look really good with long hair and you have a super fun family. The end. :)

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was just too great. You guys looked fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys!! Brooke, I didn't mean to ignore your comment!!! but yes!! I will wait until I'm ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so adorable!! i bet everyone at walmart loved seeing you guys all dressed up. i wish my hubsy would go to stores with me while we're dressed in our costumes but he gets so embarrassed!
    http://twopeasinaspacepod.blogspot.com/2011/10/our-trip-to-endor.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the all the costumes!! you look lovely and the pups look so cute! :)
    i didn't get a costume for my puppy.. i feel bad.. it was his first halloween! next year for sure

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahahahhahaahhha! Sooo funny! You look all so cute!!! I love this post!!! Expecially the very last part!!! :)
    :))
    I said I love this post?!? :)
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much Chrissy and Chiara!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so hackin awesome!! I LOVE ADVENTURE TIME!! I went as an artist but my friends told me I looked like Harper from Wizards of Waverly Place! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that show!!!

    I thought the two of you dressed as Finn & Princess B. costume was awesome... then I saw the pics of your costumed family/friends(?) and had a mini joy attack.
    Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So i'm super late to this party, but I was going back through your posts (btw <3 your blog~found you cause you followed me on Twitter (Yay!(Inception))) Don't know if you found an answer to your lack of Simba backpack, but I was wondering if you could just take a stuffed Simba like in your pic, remove the stuffing, add straps and maybe line him to make him into a backpack. Love the costumes! Wish I had cool people to hang out with on Halloween :C lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there. I was wondering if you had a pattern for your princess bubblegum dress. It would be a huge help I really love your design. Thank you do so so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used this tutorial for the main part of the dress. The rest was pleating, and fabric glue!

      http://talk2thetrees.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-make-easy-high-waisted-dress-for.html

      Delete
  19. Heyy again I found a simba backpack on EBay. Search RARE CUTE DISNEY STORE SIMBA PLUSH BACKPACK BAG LION KING CUB Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo