Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Meet Chelsea

I "met" Chelsea a few years ago. She is from Arizona and her friend Lucia became my friend and roommate when we were in college. Chelsea and I were introduced to each other years ago through MySpace and Facebook, but we didn't walk much. I stumbled onto her blog a few months ago through one of your blogs! I had no idea she had a blog. (such a small world!) Since then we have become penpals, though we have never officially met I feel like we would be great friends. We decided to do a little feature on each other, so without further ado.. Meet Chelsea!
(Warning.. her hair will make you jealous, so will her face, and her style..)



1. Tell us a bit about yourself. 

Hi! My name is Chelsea(bird) and I blog under the Tea Talk blog. I am a senior journalism major at Arizona State University, and I'm head over heels in love with my boyfriend, Scott, of four years. I love crafting, and making cute things with my hands. My favorite craft would have to be crocheting, but I also love sewing as well. I am also in love with personal style, and I post a few outfit posts a week on my blog. Lastly, writing is a huge passion of mine and is something I do every single day. I not only blog for myself under Tea Talk, but also for the ASU magazine under the blog name Downtown Dispatch. There, I blog weekly about places to go in downtown Phoenix.  

2.Tell us a bit about your blog.
I started my blog just under a year a half ago, after blogging through Xanga, and Livejournal for years prior to. I initially started it as a way to show my boyfriend exactly what I was doing while I was in Colorado for the summer. However, after discovering the crafty bloggers involved in Red Velvet Art, and other bloggers that partake in the crafty life, I started to reach out to them and did some crafty blogging of my own. Since then, I have expanded my blog to included my every day life, personal style outfits posts, and the occasional crafty projects. I really enjoy blogging, and love all the great people I have met throughout the blogsphere. I feel very lucky to be involved in this community, and plan on blogging for many years to come.  
3. What is your favorite part of blogging?
My favorite part about blogging is sharing all the great places I encounter, not only in Phoenix, but in the surrounding areas, and also out of state while I'm traveling. I'm all about local support, and love highlighting some of my favorite shops, with the hope that fellow bloggers will see the posts and go out and try, or check out the places I'm blogging about.  


4. Are there any blogs that you visit daily?
Oh yes! I have a ton of blogs that I check out on a daily basis, among my favorites are- Selective Potential, Cracking Good, Smile and Wave, Elise Blaha-Enjoy it, Bleubird Vintage, Jen loves Kev, Kyla Roma, etc. I honestly could go on and on, but those are my daily must reads!
 5. What do you do when you're not blogging?
 When I'm not blogging I'm a busy full-time student, as well as an intern at a local newspaper. I spend as much time with my boyfriend as I can, and we try and go out to as many fun events as we can i.e. art galleries, movies, fashion events, festivals, etc.


6. Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Blog consistently, and about things you enjoy. Blog about your life, and the things you do. Oh, and don't forget to always try and use your own pictures!
 

Thanks for having me Rachael!
Don't forget to check out my blog here, and also my twitter stream here.

5 comments:

  1. uwaa chelsea sure is sweet and pretty! i'll go check her blog right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. her hair does make me jealous.
    she sounds pretty awesome. [:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her style! Im gonna def check out her bloggie:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I love reading interviews with other creative people, she's really cute! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love Chelsea and if it weren't for her I wouldn't have stumbled across your wonderful blog! Glad I got to know you a bit through her interview with you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo