Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm Trying

 I've been doing a lot of this lately, you know hiding under the covers. I just haven't felt emotionally prepared to face the day. Some days are harder than others. My dad told me to take things one day at a time. I've been trying.

Sometimes I really just want to stay under the covers, or at least be invisible for a little bit. Some days I just don't feel like existing at all.

But today I decided to explore. The plan was to take pictures for my shop. I of course got distracted.

 I discovered,
Even in times of sadness,
The world is still a beautiful place.
Oh, and times can be real sad.
But the sun still shines.
Sometimes we get through adversity only by imagining what the world might be like if our dreams should ever come true.
Memoirs of a Geisha, Arthur Golden
I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart.
I am, I am, I am.
The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
The trouble with fiction…is that it makes too much sense. Reality never makes sense.
The Genius and the Goddess, Aldous Huxley
  Always try to keep a patch of sky above your life.
Swann’s Way, Marcel Proust
  I wonder how many people I’ve looked at all my life and never seen.
The Winter of Our Discontent, John Steinbeck
It is said that life is too short, and that’s quite true, unless you are lonely. Loneliness can bring time to its knees; an absolute and utter standstill.
Losing Julia, Jonathan Hull
Sometimes you’ve got to be able to listen to yourself and be okay with no one else understanding.
One for Sorrow, Christopher Barzak
 The essential things in life are seen not with the eyes, but with the heart.
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Sometimes, I feel the past and the future pressing so hard on either side that there’s no room for the present at all.
Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh

Lately everyone has been telling me how strong I am. 
You have no idea how little I feel.

13 comments:

  1. the bell jar by sylvia plath is one of my favorites.. such a good book!

    And that orange skirt is amazing :)

    I hope you don't mind if I steal your button for my blog. Your blog is pretty amazing and you have super cool buttons on top of that!

    Hope you start feeling better..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, dear, I hope you feel better.

    And I have to agree with Bonnie up there - The Bell Jar is also one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your spirits are lifted in the days to come. Speaking as someone who has dealt with depression her whole life, I can't say to you "smile and it'll be all better". It won't! But the soul has ways of carrying on and finding new sources of joy, however small. Keep looking for that joy and get strength from it each day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love you.

    And I love your quotes. I would also love to use some of them in my new project, or if you would like to comment some on my post for me to look at later.

    This made me happy. :)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Promise me you'll always remember; you're braver than you believe, you're stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." A.A. Milne (from winnie the pooh) :) Just remember to keep on the sunny side. I love the pictures by the way! Hope everything gets better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Enjoy when you can, endure when you must." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    That's one of my favorites because I really think that life is beautiful and we should enjoy it because well; it's ours, it's now and it's one! And the enduring part... because even though it isn't perfect, when sadness is in our hearts, it won't stay there forever no matter if we feel like it will. It will get better. 'This too shall pass.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello beautiful,

    I love all the pictures and quotes you have written. I'm so sorry about how you've been feeling!! I know exactly how you're feeling and there's a little story I want to tell you.
    I'm so proud of you for getting up and going out and just embracing the warm sun and all the beauty around you. I miss you gorgeous! Email me when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a beautiful post, i could qoute every line, i hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was a fabulous post, i find myself thinking these things everyday. i get so frustrated by focusing on the fairy tales life is in the movies and the complete opposite of the real world.
    it's time to find the beauty in the here and now :)

    xoxo
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rach,

    You are ridiculously beautiful. Im not kidding you could easily model! I love your style and artistic eye. All of those pics are amazing! Hope you get feeling better, you really are an amazing person:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo