Thursday, May 20, 2010

Care Package

If you haven't noticed I've been feeling a little down lately. All I've really wanted was a big hug from my mom. I haven't had a hug from my mom since October! She knew I was feeling sad, even before I told her. That motherly instinct of hers kicked in around the time I started having problems, she started putting together a package for me back then. My sister's even included wonderful gifts.
I don't normally get so excited about material things.. but this package was a wonderful greeting to the day. Opening it was like getting a hug. I could feel the love when I opened it up.

Kate, my older sister made me a clock! How amazing is that?! 
The colors are so perfect and I'm so in love with it.
She also made me a lovely card using a twig and paper leaves. 
(I forgot to photograph it!)
I'm trying to convince her to open a shop of her own.
My little sister Sarah made me this tea cup pin cushion. Isn't it adorable?? I had thought about getting myself a pin cushion earlier this week. This one fits me perfectly, and best of all it was handmade.

I love handmade gifts.
My mom sent me my favorite chocolates of all time. They are the milk chocolate butterscotch squares from See's Candy.  
Try them.

If I had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life it would be these.
They are so delicious the first bite always brings a tear to my eye. Really.
They are the key to my heart. 
The box is already half empty.

My mom also sent me this beautiful pocket watch necklace.
The time was set to Utah time.
And that's how I'm going to keep it.
It will remind me that there are people in Utah who care about me.
It will remind me that they love me and are watching out for.

Thank you Mom, Sarah and Kate.
I miss you guys so much.
I love you even more.

17 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! I hope you see them all again soon..but,for now, atleast you have a litle bit of each of them right there with you (^_^)

    take care lady =D

    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perceptive and clever Mother! Gorgeous gifts too. The pocket watch is so adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clock your sister should open a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. families are the best. and you have such a good one.

    hope you get feeling better soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that may be the loveliest package in the world! and the cutest clock my heart ever did saw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet. Thanks for sharing, makes me want to sent packages. Love you and miss you guys a ton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's so sweet! Waht an awesome family you have, and they sure have style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that everything made it there without getting broken. When I saw the watch about a month ago, I thought of you! I was hoping you would like it.. you even noticed it was set to Utah time! Whenever you need a hug just look at the watch and know that I am thinking you and watching out for you!
    Lots of love,
    Mom
    PS---be expecting random packages --especially when we get back from Italy1

    ReplyDelete
  9. this almost made me cry. sweet sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the clock!!! you were right the colors are perfect! I hope you get feeling better! Its a bummer when you are sad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an amazing family you have! jealous of your goodies! you remind me that see's english toffee is my favorite candy EVAR.. my mouth is watering now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your family sounds amazing. I hope you're feeling better and more upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moms always know how to make things better! Hope things are going better for you! Someday, you will be back in Utah with friends and family (and when you are we are going thrifting! And having a puppy play date!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow. you have an awesome family. hope you can make today a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. spoiled with love. what's there to be DOWN about!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow.. sounds like the perfect package! what an awesome family :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. k when i get a box of chocolates, i have to take a bite of every one of them so that i know whats in them. haha so everyone gets all ticked at me when they go to eat one ha

    love love that cute clock by the way

    and i haven't gotten to hug my mom since last october either!! thats when i moved to utah. i miss her every day.

    xoxo
    sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo