Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Lot Can Happen

A lot can happy in a very short time..
My days have been pretty busy around here. Getting orders out, working on projects, and trying to contain this little puppy of mine I took in. Sometimes when you are as busy as I am, you kind of forget to stop and look at all the changes that have taken place..

I've had Meko for about a full month now!
He went from this:

















To this:

All in a month! He's grown so much. And he's learned so much too. He still struggles with potty training, but he is learning. He's learned a lot of tricks too. And in exactly one week he's going to the vet for his vaccines.  I wonder if they will be able to tell me his age.. and maybe his breed. I don't think he's full chihuahua, but he might be.  (He's got a huge head!)
I think this growth spurt came from giving him real puppy food, rather than what they were feeding him. He's doubled in size in just one month!

It's crazy that I've had him for a whole month, because that means that it has been over 3 months since I was laid off from my teaching job! I can't believe it's been that long already. It's been a very fun 3 months.

I thought for sure I would be struggling for money.. Back then I was pretty positive I would have had to get a "real" job by now. But I haven't. I've been able to pay the bills with ease, and feel the pups with ease. I can still go out and buy the things that I need and want.  The best part is, I get to wear what I want. I get to have my hair how I want. Back then I couldn't have pink hair, but now I can. I've never felt this much freedom in my life, and it feels amazing.
It's been a crazy 3 months... So much has changed!
And I'm so happy I'm caught up with orders today. I get to work on that Tarot Deck of mine!


I don't know when this will be done... I'm adding 78 illustrations onto all the illustrations I'm working on for the next book. I seem to have bitten off more than I can chew.. Again.

View More:
 

2 comments:

  1. You'll do great! You can balance it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah! Perfect example of things that seemed dismal turning into sunshine! So happy that you are making art and able to provide for yourself and your animal children that way! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo