Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Llama Fest

We attended Llama Fest this year at the Krishna Temple, one of my favorite places in Utah. It's gorgeous there. The white temple is surrounded by fields, farmland and gardens. I used to go to the weekly Sunday Love Feast with a friend. There were mantra chanting, singing and dancing. We used to go to weekly Yoga classes too before I moved away.

Llama fest was fun. aside from many many llamas to pet and talk to, there was delicious smelling food, wonderful music, wool demonstrations and handicrafts. The temple has a lot of other beautiful animals on the property.

Sometimes I have a real hard time with some of the people who choose to attend the events there.. especially the Bro's who call it the "Harry Krishna Temple" while smacking their gum. Or the people who climb the elephant statues for pictures.

The best thing I could do is ignore them and have a beautiful time any way..
And I did.

7 comments:

  1. Right? I actually avoid this place simply because of the trendy fools that go to feel cool and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. It's awfully annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very lovely pictures, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous place!!! Fools are everywhere unfortunately!!! We can only ignore them! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You sure do a lot of cool things, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww Llamas are soo cute!! and breath taking photos!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to go monthly to their different festivals and occasionally on Sunday for a vegetarian dinner. One thing I love about the Hindu culture is their festive spirit! They celebrate everything and that's what life should be about!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo