Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Delicious

Eating gluten free can be pretty tricky, especially when you crave pizza. I can't just go pick up a pizza when I feel like it. In order to have pizza, I need to make my own from scratch. I'm lucky my mother has plenty of recipe books and lots of "gluten free flour." Gluten free flour is a mixture of tapioca flour, rice flour, and corn starch. It gives a similar taste and texture as wheat flour.. but won't cause migraines.
I followed the recipe in this great book, but added a little extra water to the dough. First you bake the dough for 15 minutes, then add the toppings, and bake it again. This pizza is delicious and you can't even tell it's gluten free.




6 comments:

  1. Why does gluten give you migraines?
    That pizza looks delicious by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one gluten free person to another...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's that on the finished product that looks like mustard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just discovered your blog not long ago and didn't realize you have a gluten issue as well. Seeing this makes me SUPER happy since I haven't had a decent pizza in I don't know how long. This makes me SUPER happy!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been gluten free for 5 years. But because I'm also lactose intolerant and a Pescetarian, I haven't pizza in FOREVER! I've been determined to make one lately though.

    My boyfriend went gluten free this month. I want to make him some pizza, but I can't find a decent recipe! Care to share? My Facebook is linked through my name, as it is on another post I made. And if you want any recipes, I would love to share. I have fantastic recipes for Spanish Rice, a Flourless Brownie, Cornbread (that's also dairy free), and TONS more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo