Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hey There Good Lookin'

Yes you.

If you are a follower I have most likely looked at your blog or profile, and I think you are just beautiful. If you are just an anonymous follower/reader I think you are beautiful as well. You may not think it, but I do. And I don't even know you..

Inner beauty is something that shines from within. It makes your teeth whiter, your hair shinier, and your eyes glitter! It is something we all have. We just need to find it.

It's a little hard to think of yourself as beautiful. 
No one wants to be conceited, but loving yourself is a healthy thing. 
You need to love yourself before you can love others. 
Loving is like breathing, you need to take it in as well as let it out. 
It all starts with you. 


Here are a few things we can do to find beauty in ourselves.


Rid yourself of negativity.
Is there something in your life that makes you feel bad about yourself? Get rid of it if there is! I had to stop reading fashion magazines! I would read them and think Wow she is sooo skinny. Look at her slim legs. I wish my skin was flawless. It doesn't matter when people say, "These people are photoshopped." That never made me change my mind, I still wanted that! This actually would make me so depressed.. I eventually stopped buying cosmo, and all fashion magazines.  I stopped watching tv, period. And pretty soon I forgot all about those "perfect people".  There is no more of that pressure.
Of course... I'm a little behind on the style trends now.

Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Others mean yourself too! Treat yourself how you want to be treated. If you want to be loved then love yourself. If you want to love others love yourself. Everything starts with you. This is your life. If you are constantly putting yourself down in front of others pretty soon they may start agreeing with you.

Focus on your good traits.
You have eyes and I bet they are beautiful! Who's aren't? Be thankful for what you do have. I personally think I have pretty eyes. I don't think I am conceited... I just focus on what I love rather than what I hate. Plus now that I have told you I like my eyes you are probably going to check to see if they really are pretty.
Don't let others opinions change you.
There are somethings that I've been self conscious about my entire life. I've had people tell me my hips are too big, and my boobs are too small. Ouch... But really those are just opinions of others and I'm pretty sure they were just trying to hurt me. I could have let it get to me. I could have stopped eating my favorite foods and I could have cried myself to sleep. But lets face it. That's just no fun. Besides, I save money on bras. Ha! Face!

Be thankful.
When someone gives you a compliment.. say thank you. Don't reject it. When someone tells you you are pretty or good looking.. don't say, "No. I'm not." (that's calling them a liar!) Say Thank You.
Those two words are so beautiful. When you say them you are taking the compliment and letting the other person know it. Everyone likes to be thanked.

Do what makes you feel good.
I love to make things. I love to paint, draw, take pictures, sew, knit, crochet, you name it. Doing these things makes me a very happy girl. A happy person is a beautiful person. If there is something in this life that gives you joy.. then by all means do it. This doesn't mean forget your responsibilities and your life and just get stoned all the time. Go on walks, play sports, spend time with pets. Surround yourself with things that make YOU happy.

I used to be a pretty self conscious person. One day.. I just got sick of it. I got sick of looking at myself and feeling bad. I said, "Forget it. I don't even care anymore, I'm pretty, I'm skinny and I love me." There are still things I worry about, but I don't let it control my life. 
My looks are not me.


I don't think I could say it any better.

17 comments:

  1. This completely made my day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful encouraging post! You may appreciate http://youareremarkable.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile :) You are beautiful inside & out, Rachael!! You have a lovely soul and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this; love you, Rachael!

    I totally have that kitty picture on the wall next to me (I bought it when I was like 7 and somehow it's still up.)

    &I definitely agree with you. I used to be conscious (I think EVERY girl went through that phase) and then after my father was diagnosed with cancer I sucked it up and realized there were better things to worry about! I told myself. "I'm going to look like this if I like it or not, so I might has well embrace it!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you know who I am too? It's so cute that you check out your followers - with the amount that you have that must take quite a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! and fyi my pixie hat just came in the mail yesterday and its GORGEOUS! i'm giving you a shout out on my blog! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post, this is so very sweet of you, been needing something like this so Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this post. I can't stand when I give a compliment and they say no I'm not, or brush it off, it makes me feel like i still managed to offend them and makes me want to not give compliments.

    This is one of my favorite videos:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk980jV7Ao

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's so nice- especially since i just joined your blog!
    thanks for the nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, it is so refreshing to visit a space in which you get your own personal spirited and lovely pep talk, it's such a gift lady!

    Thank you!

    Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww this is a beautiful post! Psst - I always thought you had pretty eyes, even before you said!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. K, I rolled out of bed came to school, and have been doing math for three hours straight. I am stressed, frizzy, frazzled, you name it... I needed this!! What an inspiring post! Thank you so much Rach, you just made my week:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this post is just so lovely.
    I'm having a pretty rough time at the moment and I can be very negative about myself often. Thanks for giving me some help today to put that negativity aside and smile and feel at ease for a while.

    I also think you have beautiful eyes too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this post. everyone needs these words every once in a while :) Thanks for lifting some spirits!!
    Cute blog, Im glad I came across it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. add me to the list of people who love this post! it's amazing how much different you feel when you just accept yourself and stop focusing on the negative.. it makes a huge difference. i think it gets easier as you get older too. i'm only recently figuring it out :)

    ps. i checked, and your eyes ARE beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. brave. thank you for posting this. I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. but when people say im pretty or got pretty eyes or hair and so on...i feel like when im guilty or jelous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo