Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Flower Child

Oh how I love flowers. Walking in the grass barefoot instantly brightens my day. 
Nature's beauty makes me a happy girl.
Sometimes when I'm feeling a little down all I want is a flower. I can't just ask for a flowers..
But I can go looking!
"We often forget that we are nature.
Nature is not something separate from us.
So when we say that we have lost our connection to nature.
What we are really saying is
We've lost the connection to ourselves."
~Andy Goldsworthy
"Earth laughs in flowers."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books. 
~Walt Whitman
Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
~The Qur’ān
I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.  ~Claude Monet
Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair...  ~Susan Polis Shutz
You can't be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.  ~Hal Borland
Man's heart away from nature becomes hard.  ~Standing Bear
How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!  ~John Muir
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.  ~Kahlil Gibran
The poetry of the earth is never dead.  ~John Keats
Perfumes are the feelings of flowers.  ~Heinrich Heine
I know.. so many pictures! I'm not sorry though. Flowers cheer me up, I'm positive they cheer you up as well. These pictures are for you.
I hope they brighten your day. I hope they make you smile.
Your smile brightens up the room.

On another note...

Tomorrow 5 new hats will be listed in my shop!
These really are my favorite hats.
They remind me of flowers, laughter and skipping rocks!
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. 
~Rachel Carson

10 comments:

  1. Sigh. How I envy people who live close to nature. The tree that stood outside my window was, sadly, cut yesterday because it was getting in the way of powerlines which makes no sense because it has been there for like forever.

    "Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."

    Indeed.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm that Andy Goldsworthy quote is fantastic - i grabbed it and saved it as my facebook status... thanks for sharing! also... i've been trying to avoid your shop for an entire month now... but I don't think I can stay away any longer! Must.get.cute.pixie.hat!!! :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so very antsy all week to just be outside. This helped. If I can't be there today, I at least have beautiful pictures to help me feel like I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This posts makes me happy, I love the pictures and the quotes, it definitely brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this totally cheered me up, and i wasn't even glum! you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, my brother John is so profound. I am glad one of his quotes made it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you so much! You probably don't know me, but Joe talks about you all the time, I love your hats and your creativity!!
    Stay cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know you've gotten a blog award =)

    http://pirates13-emily.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo