Saturday, December 27, 2008

About Me

My name is Rachael Caringella. I'm a mixed media artist currently living in Utah.  Ever since I was little I have been drawn to trees and nature. I have always felt the need to represent that in my art.  Making art brings me back to a childhood of climbing trees, digging in dirt, and building Fairy Houses from stones and twigs. At times it felt like the trees outside my house were my only friends. I would often climb and talk to my favorite apricot tree.

For me, making art is magical.  Each brushstroke is a way down the rabbit hole, each pencil, the key to my secret garden. Transforming a blank piece of paper into a beautiful story is like finding my Neverland. I try to capture a bit of innocence and mystery in each one of my pieces. I love big eyes, vibrant colors, and woodland animals.

I started selling on Etsy because we've been moving around the country for my husband's work, and I haven't been able to find a job that would hire me for a short period of time,  also because my husband refused to buy me more yarn until I found something to do with my ever growing pile of hats and other knitted goods.

For Hats
For Art